Shanghai Shenhua confirms contract with Drogba
Shanghai: Chinese football club Shanghai Shenhua boss Zhu Jun confirmed that Cote d`Ivoire and former Chelsea striker Didier Drogba will join the club on a two-and-half years` contract worth a staggering 25 million pounds.
Zhu said Monday the Shenhua club would not make an official announcement until Drogba releases the news by himself on his personal website. The arrival time of Drogba has not been fixed.
Zhu Jun, a board member of Shenhua, went to Cote d`Ivoire last Friday to discuss the details of the contract with Drogba, reports said.
Jun also said that the club will invest USD10 million in buying a midfielder. Local media believed that Shenhua plans to import Moreno, a Columbian midfielder who is serving an Argentinean club.
Shenhua has been spending extravagantly, buying big name foreign footballers.
French striker Nicolas Anelka and Coach Jean Tigana joined Shenhua at the beginning of this season of the Chinese Super League, but the French coach was fired later for failing the club`s expectation.
The current coach for Shenhua is Argentinean Sergio Batista.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read