Shaqiri out for seven weeks as Bayern injury list grows
Berlin: Bayern Munich midfielder Xherdan Shaqiri has been ruled out for up to seven weeks after tearing a thigh muscle while on duty with Switzerland last week, his club said on Tuesday.
Shaqiri was injured in his country`s 2-1 victory over Albania on Friday, a result that booked them a spot in next year`s World Cup in Brazil.
"This diagnosis is very bitter," said the 22-year-old, who also scored in that game. "I am disappointed and I will try to get back as fast as possible.
"I had a similar injury in the left thigh and I recovered pretty quickly."
Shaqiri joins a growing list of injured team mates, including long-time absentee Holger Badstuber as well as Spaniards Thiago Alcantara and Javi Martinez.
Bastian Schweinsteiger only recently returned to action after ankle surgery while Mario Goetze also came back days ago following a lengthy injury break.
Last season`s treble winners are top of the Bundesliga and have also kicked off their Champions League group stage with two wins in two games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- 17 die in fire at Ukraine home for elderly
- PM Narendra Modi to visit five nations from June 4; to take up black money issue with Swiss President
- Sharks possess distinct personalities like humans
- 'Sultan' new poster: See robust Salman Khan turns 'Golden Sultan' magnifying the aura!
- Bihar class 10th result 2016 declared; check Bihar Board Matric class 10 Results 2016 on biharboard.bih.nic.in