Shebby Singh appointed football director at Blackburn Rovers
London: Indian-owned English club Blackburn Rovers today appointed former Malaysian defender and football expert Shebby Singh as their director of football.
The decision to appoint Singh was taken by the club`s Indian owners Venky`s, the `Daily Mail` reported.
The Indian-origin former footballer became well known while appearing as an expert for broadcaster ESPN for their coverage of international tournaments.
One of Singh`s tasks will be to act as a go-between for the Venky`s and manager Steve Kean, although the manager`s future remains uncertain after relegation from the league, the newspaper reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief