Shillong Lajong ropes in Aibor Khongjee, three others
Shillong: Shillong Lajong FC on Monday has roped in its former captain and defender Aibor Khongjee besides three others as the team gears to improve its defense in the upcoming I-League and North East United FC in the IMG-Reliance Indian Super League, team officials said here.
Five other U-19 players who represented the country in the Under 19 AFC Cup Qualifiers last year, they said.
Former Lajong skipper Aibor Khongjee is all set to make a comeback to the team after a two season stint with Kolkata outfit - Mohun Bagan AC, a statement from the club said.
The 26 year old defender had a successful season at Mohun Bagan last year and also made his debut for the National Team last year.
JCT Academy`s Seimeinlen Doungel forward left Kolkata giants Kingfisher East Bengal to join the Reds in the upcoming I-League season.
The 20 year-old is currently with the Indian team preparing for the Under23 Incheon Asian Games with an exposure trip to Czech Republic and China, the club said.
The team has also inked the services of David Ngaihte and Rehenesh Thumbirumbu Paramba. David, an attacking midfielder grew up playing football in New Delhi while Goalkeeper Rehnesh Thumbirumbu Paramba hals signed a new deal with the Reds.
Earlier, Lajong has agreed terms with five new players who also represented India in the Under 19 AFC Cup Qualifiers last year.
Alen Deory from Assam, Vishal Kaith from Himachal Pradesh, Issac Vanmalsawma & Joseph Lalfakzuala from Mizoram and Pritam Kumar Singh from Manipur for the Lajong senior team squad, the club`s statement said.
In all, nine domestic players have completed the move and they will also ply their trade in the much anticipated IMG Reliance League, the Indian Super League which is scheduled to commence in September 2014.
Meanwhile, Assamese striker Durga Buro who joined Lajong in February earlier this year has extended his contract with the club and will also be part of the North East United FC squad, the club said.
The Club will look to benefit immensely from the services of these talented new signings, Lajong Managing Director Larsing M Sawyan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack