Shillong Lajong signs Vinay Singh, Robin Gurung
New Delhi: Shillong Lajong FC on Thursday strengthened their squad by signing goalkeeper Vinay Singh and defender Robin Gurung for the I-League 2013-14 season.
Gurung, who hails from Sikkim, played for ONGC from 2010-13. The 20-year-old defender will look to add depth to the Lajong backline.
Singh played for I-League champions Churchill Brothers from 2008-11 before joining Salgaocar SC.
"Shillong Lajong FC welcomes Vinay Singh and Robin Gurung to the home of the Reds," the club said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH