Shillong Lajong signs Vinay Singh, Robin Gurung
New Delhi: Shillong Lajong FC on Thursday strengthened their squad by signing goalkeeper Vinay Singh and defender Robin Gurung for the I-League 2013-14 season.
Gurung, who hails from Sikkim, played for ONGC from 2010-13. The 20-year-old defender will look to add depth to the Lajong backline.
Singh played for I-League champions Churchill Brothers from 2008-11 before joining Salgaocar SC.
"Shillong Lajong FC welcomes Vinay Singh and Robin Gurung to the home of the Reds," the club said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!