Shillong signs T&T striker Cornell Glen
New Delhi: Shillong Lajong FC has signed Trinidad & Tobago international Cornell Glen for a one year deal with the I-League club.
The 31-year-old striker, who was part of T&T`s world cup squad in 2006, has scored 23 goals in the 66 appearances for his country.
He appeared in all three games at the event in Germany.
Glen led his Trinidad and Tobago`s club San Juan Jabloteh to two consecutive league championships in 2002 and 2003.
With his impressive performances he paved his way to MLS Metrostars and there upon to few other United States` clubs including LA Galaxy and FC Dallas.
"We are extremely pleased with the signing of Cornell Glen and thank Libero Sports India who facilitated the transfer. I am confident Glen will gel well with the rest of the team and we look forward to him joining us," said Larsing Ming, General Secretary of Shillong Lajong Football Club.
Shillong Lajong finished 11th in the 2012-13 I-League season.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory