Shillong signs T&T striker Cornell Glen
New Delhi: Shillong Lajong FC has signed Trinidad & Tobago international Cornell Glen for a one year deal with the I-League club.
The 31-year-old striker, who was part of T&T`s world cup squad in 2006, has scored 23 goals in the 66 appearances for his country.
He appeared in all three games at the event in Germany.
Glen led his Trinidad and Tobago`s club San Juan Jabloteh to two consecutive league championships in 2002 and 2003.
With his impressive performances he paved his way to MLS Metrostars and there upon to few other United States` clubs including LA Galaxy and FC Dallas.
"We are extremely pleased with the signing of Cornell Glen and thank Libero Sports India who facilitated the transfer. I am confident Glen will gel well with the rest of the team and we look forward to him joining us," said Larsing Ming, General Secretary of Shillong Lajong Football Club.
Shillong Lajong finished 11th in the 2012-13 I-League season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- 'Happy Bhaag Jayegi' helmer's next is a biopic on poet Batalvi
- West Indies vs India, 1st Test, Day 1 — Dhawan, Kohli put up good show
- India's bid continues to be under consideration of NSG: Government
- India lashes out at Pakistan over Kashmir, says 'stop inciting terrorism, vacate PoK'
- Pakistan caught on the backfoot! Photos of ISI's links with Hafiz Saeed emerge