Shillong signs T&T striker Cornell Glen
New Delhi: Shillong Lajong FC has signed Trinidad & Tobago international Cornell Glen for a one year deal with the I-League club.
The 31-year-old striker, who was part of T&T`s world cup squad in 2006, has scored 23 goals in the 66 appearances for his country.
He appeared in all three games at the event in Germany.
Glen led his Trinidad and Tobago`s club San Juan Jabloteh to two consecutive league championships in 2002 and 2003.
With his impressive performances he paved his way to MLS Metrostars and there upon to few other United States` clubs including LA Galaxy and FC Dallas.
"We are extremely pleased with the signing of Cornell Glen and thank Libero Sports India who facilitated the transfer. I am confident Glen will gel well with the rest of the team and we look forward to him joining us," said Larsing Ming, General Secretary of Shillong Lajong Football Club.
Shillong Lajong finished 11th in the 2012-13 I-League season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Preggers Mira Rajput admitted to hospital; hubby Shahid Kapoor's parents hurry to meet bahu!
- 'Spit remark' on PV Sindhu's achievements: Director says fans didn't get his satire, gets TROLLED again
- 2016 Hyundai Elantra: Check out features and specifications
- Institute of Company Secretaries of India Result 2016; Check icsi.edu for ICSI CS Executive Result 2016 declared
- Avoid getting sick this monsoon with these top health tips!