Shooting victim Cabanas leaves hospital
Paraguay: Salvador Cabanas, who was shot in the head in January, left hospital for a luxury rehabilitation center but doctors still cannot say whether he will return to playing soccer.
Cabanas, 29, has a bullet lodged in his brain after being shot after a scuffle in a Mexico City nightclub. The club America forward can still only walk a few steps at a time and his speech is limited.
"After today`s evaluation, the doctor determined that Cabanas is in condition to leave the hospital to begin the next steps of his recuperation," Club America said in a statement.
Doctors say that having a bullet in his brain would not necessarily impede Cabanas from returning to soccer, but Dr. Ernesto Martinez, who is treating him, says it is too early to predict how fully he will recover.
Cabanas left intensive care last month, came off his drip and gained strength, but remains fragile and will begin rehabilitation therapy under close medical supervision at the centre in an upscale suburb of Mexico City.
Police are still looking for a suspect in the shooting, which some reports say occurred during an argument in a nightclub restroom in the early hours of Jan. 25 over America`s results and Cabanas`s performances.
Cabanas was a key player in Paraguay`s successful qualification for this year`s World Cup in South Africa.
In the World Cup starting on June 11, Paraguay face world champions Italy, Slovakia and New Zealand in Group F.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers