Signing Robin van Persie won’t be cakewalk: Mancini
London: Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has admitted it won’t be easy for his club to sign Arsenal striker Robin Van Persie since quality sides like Manchester United and Juventus are also interested in the Dutch star.
The Gunners are also hoping that their captain will stay at the Emirates for at least the final year of his contract, but accept they will let him go for 20million pounds.
Mancini has now confirmed his interest and City have asked Arsenal to keep them informed of developments.
“When you talk about Manchester City, Manchester United and Juve, it is difficult for a player to choose between those three clubs,” The Sun quoted Mancini, as saying.
“They are all top teams and I’ve no idea what will happen with him. If we have a chance to take him, we will try because we think he is a top striker. For now he is an Arsenal player and I think Arsenal is a top team. It is not easy for Van Persie and other players to leave them,” he added,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mohit Suri co-presents Pakistani artiste's new song
- Vedanta sweetens Cairn merger deal, offers 3 additional preference shares
- Nanolayered composites can open new avenues in materials science: Researchers
- WORLD RECORD: Can Ravichandran Ashwin become the fastest bowler to claim 200 test wickets?
- ‘Abnormal’ foetus abortion case: SC asks for medical exam of alleged rape survivor