Silva on verge of agreeing new £200,000-a-week contract with Man City
London: Spanish international David Silva is set to sign a new 200,000 pound-a-week contract with his current club Manchester City.
The club has been negotiating with Silva all summer as they look to tie one of Europe’s hottest properties to a deal for the next five years.
According to the Daily Mail, it is understood the arrival of Spanish chief executive Ferran Soriano has given the negotiations fresh impetus and the club are hopeful of agreeing terms within two weeks.
City’s Tuesday night Champions League opponents Real Madrid have been tracking Silva’s situation at the Etihad Stadium and have asked the 26-year-old``s representatives to keep them informed of any problem with his negotiations with City.
Silva is aware of Madrid’s interest and has been tempted by a return to Spain. However, he now looks certain to commit himself to City for the best years of his career.
The club have structured Silva’s new deal to give him a basic wage that puts him around the pay levels enjoyed by top earners Carlos Tevez, Vincent Kompany and Yaya Toure.
The incentives are such, though, that success in the Premier League and Champions League over the coming seasons will see his pay tip the 250,000 pound-a-week mark.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!