Silva snubs Real to sign new 5-year-£52m contract with City
London: Spanish star footballer David Silva has snubbed Real Madrid to sign a new contract with Manchester City for 52 million pounds.
Silva has two years left on his current deal, but will be signing a new five-year contract worth almost 200,000 pounds-a-week.
“My home is at City and I am totally satisfied there. My head is not at Real Madrid but at Manchester City. I’m grateful for my experience at City and I have improved as a player, in every sense, since I joined them. I didn’t know if I was capable of playing like this when I left Valencia,” a newspaper quoted Silva, as saying.
“I’m on holiday right now, but my agents are negotiating a new deal with City and I think it’s likely we close it in a very short time,” he added.
Silva has been a huge success at the Etihad since his 24 million pound transfer in 2010 and has helped Roberto Mancini’s men win the Premier League last season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Kashmir on Wednesday
- No water for OP Jaisha: Here's what Virat Kohli's former coach Rajkumar Sharma has to say about it
- Sonam Kapoor supports women entrepreneurs' exhibition
- Beware, it's a scam! Xiaomi Redmi 3S 32GB at just Rs 599 on Amazon
- REVEALED: Pullela Gopichand's mother's SECRET advice which motivated PV Sindhu, Kidambi Srikanth in Rio