Silva snubs Real to sign new 5-year-£52m contract with City
London: Spanish star footballer David Silva has snubbed Real Madrid to sign a new contract with Manchester City for 52 million pounds.
Silva has two years left on his current deal, but will be signing a new five-year contract worth almost 200,000 pounds-a-week.
“My home is at City and I am totally satisfied there. My head is not at Real Madrid but at Manchester City. I’m grateful for my experience at City and I have improved as a player, in every sense, since I joined them. I didn’t know if I was capable of playing like this when I left Valencia,” a newspaper quoted Silva, as saying.
“I’m on holiday right now, but my agents are negotiating a new deal with City and I think it’s likely we close it in a very short time,” he added.
Silva has been a huge success at the Etihad since his 24 million pound transfer in 2010 and has helped Roberto Mancini’s men win the Premier League last season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees