Silva snubs Real to sign new 5-year-£52m contract with City
London: Spanish star footballer David Silva has snubbed Real Madrid to sign a new contract with Manchester City for 52 million pounds.
Silva has two years left on his current deal, but will be signing a new five-year contract worth almost 200,000 pounds-a-week.
“My home is at City and I am totally satisfied there. My head is not at Real Madrid but at Manchester City. I’m grateful for my experience at City and I have improved as a player, in every sense, since I joined them. I didn’t know if I was capable of playing like this when I left Valencia,” a newspaper quoted Silva, as saying.
“I’m on holiday right now, but my agents are negotiating a new deal with City and I think it’s likely we close it in a very short time,” he added.
Silva has been a huge success at the Etihad since his 24 million pound transfer in 2010 and has helped Roberto Mancini’s men win the Premier League last season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report