Silva snubs Real to sign new 5-year-£52m contract with City
London: Spanish star footballer David Silva has snubbed Real Madrid to sign a new contract with Manchester City for 52 million pounds.
Silva has two years left on his current deal, but will be signing a new five-year contract worth almost 200,000 pounds-a-week.
“My home is at City and I am totally satisfied there. My head is not at Real Madrid but at Manchester City. I’m grateful for my experience at City and I have improved as a player, in every sense, since I joined them. I didn’t know if I was capable of playing like this when I left Valencia,” a newspaper quoted Silva, as saying.
“I’m on holiday right now, but my agents are negotiating a new deal with City and I think it’s likely we close it in a very short time,” he added.
Silva has been a huge success at the Etihad since his 24 million pound transfer in 2010 and has helped Roberto Mancini’s men win the Premier League last season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE