Silvio Berlusconi plays down Pep Guardiola to AC Milan chances
Milan: AC Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi said he is keen to bring former Barcelona manager Pep Guardiola to the San Siro though the chances are very low.
Guardiola resigned from the Barcelona managerial post in the summer after winning two Champions Leagues and three league titles in a four year spell in charge at the Camp Nou.
The 41-year-old announced Monday night that he is willing to make a return to coaching after a year-long sabbatical, reports Xinhua.
Berlusconi Tuesday hinted he hoped the Spaniard to take over from Massimiliano Allegri.
"I always tried to bring (Guardiola) to Milan because over the last (few) years Barcelona played the best football. We contacted him, but he said he wanted to stay in a sabbatical," said Berlusconi.
"He said that at Milan he`d have fun and felt admiration towards me, and appreciation for the Lake Como, where I could offer a beautiful villa.
"At this moment, I have to say the percentage for him to come to Milan is very low."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi