Singapore names Stange new football coach
Singapore: The Football Association of Singapore named Bernd Stange the new coach of the national team for two years.
The association Wednesday said Stange`s ‘illustrious coaching career includes leading Belarus during the UEFA Euro 2012 qualifying campaign where they defeated France in an away qualifier’. He led Belarus to a FIFA ranking of 36th in 2011 from 90th in 2008 with his remarkable achievements including victories over the Netherlands as well as draws against traditional powerhouses Germany and Argentina.
Stange used to be the coach of the former East Germany. He was the coach of Iraq from 2002 to 2004 also. The 65-year-old German took over from Raddy Avramovic, who has led Singapore to several wins in southeast Asia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy