Sir Alex Ferguson confirms Manchester United interest in Lucas Moura
London: Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has today confirmed the club are interested in securing the signing of Lucas Moura from Sao Paolo.
As exclusively revealed by goal.com, United have already seen one bid in excess of £27 million turned down by the Brazilian giants but are expected to return with an improved offer.
The 19 year old attacking midfielder has been the subject of intense transfer speculation throughout the summer but Ferguson now has established concrete interest in the youngster.
The Scot was keen to stress however that it was just interest at this stage, insisting that no agreement had been reached over the transfer.
Ferguson told reporters, “We haven’t reached an agreement. We’ve shown interest. Until such time we reach an agreement, we can’t say he [Moura] is ours.”
The 70 year old also stressed the club is working hard to bring in other targets to add to their captures of Shinji Kagawa and Nick Powell.
"We`ve signed two players in the summer: Kagawa and Powell," he continued
"We think they both have fantastic potential.”
“We’re not lying on our backsides doing nothing. We’re trying hard to bring other players to the club.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding