‘Smoke bomb’ goes off in Chelsea players’ dressing room at club’s training ground

London: Chelsea reserve, youth and academy team players were left in a shock on Friday after a smoke grenade went off in their dressing rooms at the club’s training ground.

Chelsea has launched an investigation as the club’s chief executive Ron Gourlay, was present in the complex in Surrey on Friday morning and was witness to the incident.

He has already begun disciplinary proceedings and owner Roman Abramovich has been briefed about the shocking incident. Gourlay has vowed to take action if players and staff are found to be involved in the incident.

According to the Daily Mail, two reserve-team players are under investigation and will face a club disciplinary panel. If they are found guilty, Chelsea will consider terminating their contracts.

The exploded shortly before training at 10.30 a.m. Fire alarms forced a full evacuation procedure.


By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. You can find out more by clicking this link