Sneijder leaves door open for Mourinho reunion at Chelsea
Spain: The Netherlands international - who played under the Portuguese at Inter - has not ruled out playing under his former coach again.
Galatasaray midfielder Wesley Sneijder admits he has kept contact with Jose Mourinho since the new Chelsea boss left San Siro for Real Madrid, fueling rumours that he could join him in west London.
Sneijder only moved to Galatasaray in January but did little to play down the suggestion that he could join the 50-year-old at Stamford Bridge.
Speaking to SporX, Sneijder said: "I have a great relationship with Jose Mourinho.
"We have kept in contact since our days at Inter . Does Chelsea need a playmaker? I`m not sure. In football you can never be certain of what will happen next but I`m very happy in Turkey."
Sneijder, 28, has made 12 appearances for the Super Lig side, and did draw criticism initially as his fitness levels were questioned, but the Netherlands international looked back fondly at their Champions League run.
"Reaching the quarter-finals of the Champions League was our target and we reached it," he added.
"The first leg against Real Madrid was disappointing, had we played better we could have progressed. The home leg with the twelfth man behind us was amazing."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!