Sneijder leaves door open for Mourinho reunion at Chelsea
Spain: The Netherlands international - who played under the Portuguese at Inter - has not ruled out playing under his former coach again.
Galatasaray midfielder Wesley Sneijder admits he has kept contact with Jose Mourinho since the new Chelsea boss left San Siro for Real Madrid, fueling rumours that he could join him in west London.
Sneijder only moved to Galatasaray in January but did little to play down the suggestion that he could join the 50-year-old at Stamford Bridge.
Speaking to SporX, Sneijder said: "I have a great relationship with Jose Mourinho.
"We have kept in contact since our days at Inter . Does Chelsea need a playmaker? I`m not sure. In football you can never be certain of what will happen next but I`m very happy in Turkey."
Sneijder, 28, has made 12 appearances for the Super Lig side, and did draw criticism initially as his fitness levels were questioned, but the Netherlands international looked back fondly at their Champions League run.
"Reaching the quarter-finals of the Champions League was our target and we reached it," he added.
"The first leg against Real Madrid was disappointing, had we played better we could have progressed. The home leg with the twelfth man behind us was amazing."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Twitter has paid $322,420 to bug hunters so far
- Sell your old car for scrap and get freebies from government
- IPL 2016 Final: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs SunRisers Hyderabad — Possible XIs, Date, Time, Venue, TV Listing, Live Streaming
- Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukerji's 'Hum Tum' ticks 12 years!
- Not most fashionable but carry myself well: Fawad Khan