Sneijder not to re-sign with Inter
Rome: Dutch footballer Wesley Sneijder released a brief statement underlining that he won`t sign a reduced wage contract at Italian football club Inter Milan.
The club want the player, who has been left out of the side in recent weeks, to accept a cut in his six million-euro salary in return for a one-year longer deal at San Siro, reports Xinhua.
Sneijder and his agent met with club officials Monday to discuss the situation, but the player has made it clear that he won`t put pen to paper on the proposed terms.
"At this moment in time I have no reason to sign," he said in the statement. "How can I accept a new contract under these conditions when I am not even playing? As it stands, my decision is to not sign for Inter."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi