Sneijder not to re-sign with Inter
Rome: Dutch footballer Wesley Sneijder released a brief statement underlining that he won`t sign a reduced wage contract at Italian football club Inter Milan.
The club want the player, who has been left out of the side in recent weeks, to accept a cut in his six million-euro salary in return for a one-year longer deal at San Siro, reports Xinhua.
Sneijder and his agent met with club officials Monday to discuss the situation, but the player has made it clear that he won`t put pen to paper on the proposed terms.
"At this moment in time I have no reason to sign," he said in the statement. "How can I accept a new contract under these conditions when I am not even playing? As it stands, my decision is to not sign for Inter."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!