Soccer Connections launches Ahmedabad chapter
Ahmedabad: In a bid to provide kids a platform to hone their football skills and fine-tune the nuances of the game, Soccer Connections on Monday launched its training programme here.
"The launch signals the advent of world-class soccer training facility in the city and the opportunity to fine-tune thec natural skills and flair of players," Soccer Connections Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Rahul Raichand told reporters here.
"The experience and expertise of international coaches and rigorous training clinics are expected to provide a boost to budding soccer players and lay the foundation for better quality sports coaching," he added.
The training programme will be organised at Eklavya Sports Academy in Thaltej area and Karnavati Club on Sarkhej- Gandhinagar Road, twice a week for three months at the cost of Rs 2,000 per month.
Former national player Sayed Ali Abbas Rizvi, Columbian second division player Alexander Espejo Pena, among others, will train children in the age bracket of 3-16 years.
After receiving, what they claim to be an overwhelming response from Mumbai and Pune, Soccer Connections began its operations in Chandigarh and Mohali before expanding to Ahmedabad.
Raichand stated that because of the European football leagues, the sport has gained popularity in India.
"Gujarat, in general, and Ahmedabad, in particular, has great football potential and the state really deserves an I-league team. To tap that talent and give them an opportunity to grow big, we have launched Soccer Connections here," he said when asked the reasons for launching an academy here.
Soccer Connections has tied up with Bobby Charlton Soccer and Sports Academy in Manchester, England to provide training to a limited number of children apart from organising camps in collaboration with sports goods giant Adidas.
Soccer Connections is a grassroots level initiative undertaken by the Phoenix Sports and Leisure group, a sports and entertainment management firm based in Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...