Socceroo Matthew Spiranovic to miss ACL quarters
Sydney: Australian World Cup defender Matthew Spiranovic needs ankle surgery and will miss the Western Sydney Wanderers AFC Champions League quarter-final against Guangzhou Evergrande next month, his club said on Thursday.
Spiranovic, 26, who played for Australia at this month`s World Cup in Brazil, will have an operation on Monday and is expected to miss up to 10 weeks of the club`s pre-season, the Wanderers said.
That means the central defender will miss both legs of the Champion`s League quarter-final against the Chinese champions at home on August 20 and away on August 27.
The Wanderers, who lost to Brisbane Roar in last season`s A-League final, kick off their league season on October 10 against Melbourne Victory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’