Socceroo Matthew Spiranovic to miss ACL quarters
Sydney: Australian World Cup defender Matthew Spiranovic needs ankle surgery and will miss the Western Sydney Wanderers AFC Champions League quarter-final against Guangzhou Evergrande next month, his club said on Thursday.
Spiranovic, 26, who played for Australia at this month`s World Cup in Brazil, will have an operation on Monday and is expected to miss up to 10 weeks of the club`s pre-season, the Wanderers said.
That means the central defender will miss both legs of the Champion`s League quarter-final against the Chinese champions at home on August 20 and away on August 27.
The Wanderers, who lost to Brisbane Roar in last season`s A-League final, kick off their league season on October 10 against Melbourne Victory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter