Socceroo Matthew Spiranovic to miss ACL quarters
Sydney: Australian World Cup defender Matthew Spiranovic needs ankle surgery and will miss the Western Sydney Wanderers AFC Champions League quarter-final against Guangzhou Evergrande next month, his club said on Thursday.
Spiranovic, 26, who played for Australia at this month`s World Cup in Brazil, will have an operation on Monday and is expected to miss up to 10 weeks of the club`s pre-season, the Wanderers said.
That means the central defender will miss both legs of the Champion`s League quarter-final against the Chinese champions at home on August 20 and away on August 27.
The Wanderers, who lost to Brisbane Roar in last season`s A-League final, kick off their league season on October 10 against Melbourne Victory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming