Socceroo Matthew Spiranovic to miss ACL quarters
Sydney: Australian World Cup defender Matthew Spiranovic needs ankle surgery and will miss the Western Sydney Wanderers AFC Champions League quarter-final against Guangzhou Evergrande next month, his club said on Thursday.
Spiranovic, 26, who played for Australia at this month`s World Cup in Brazil, will have an operation on Monday and is expected to miss up to 10 weeks of the club`s pre-season, the Wanderers said.
That means the central defender will miss both legs of the Champion`s League quarter-final against the Chinese champions at home on August 20 and away on August 27.
The Wanderers, who lost to Brisbane Roar in last season`s A-League final, kick off their league season on October 10 against Melbourne Victory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Tax holiday for start-ups should be raised to 7 years, says Commerce Minister
- Protest in Portugal against private school funding cuts
- Street-shopping kept Alia busy during Gauri Shinde's next
- Abu Dhabi hotel guests to pay new fee on bills - Know what it is
- India to drive world growth for next 10 years: Goh Chok Tong