Socrates` son appointed Sao Paulo manager
Rio de Janeiro: Sao Paulo have appointed Brazil football legend Socrates` son as their new manager.
Gustavo Vieira de Oliveira, 35, would replace Adalberto Baptista, who resigned from the role last week, Sao Paulo said in a statement on Monday.
The announcement came as the six-time Campeonato Brasileiro winners languished in the top-flight`s relegation zone with just nine points from 11 matches.
A solicitor specialising in sports law, Oliveira is one of six children left behind by Socrates, who died from an intestinal infection in 2011, aged 57.
Socrates, a qualified doctor, played in the 1982 and 1986 World Cup and is considered one of the greatest players in Brazil`s history.
In 2004, he was named by Pele as one of the top 125 living footballers and he is a member of the Pacaembu Brazilian football museum`s hall of fame.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Major water crisis in Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula - Know reason behind it
- Two Mexican kidnappers sentenced to 520 years in prison
- California wildfire spreads to over 11,000 acres
- After Gujarat, Dalits attacked in Karnataka's Chikkamagaluru for storing beef; seven Bajrang Dal activists booked
- Nora Fatehi not happy with Salman Yusuf Khan's entry in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'?