Socrates` son appointed Sao Paulo manager
Rio de Janeiro: Sao Paulo have appointed Brazil football legend Socrates` son as their new manager.
Gustavo Vieira de Oliveira, 35, would replace Adalberto Baptista, who resigned from the role last week, Sao Paulo said in a statement on Monday.
The announcement came as the six-time Campeonato Brasileiro winners languished in the top-flight`s relegation zone with just nine points from 11 matches.
A solicitor specialising in sports law, Oliveira is one of six children left behind by Socrates, who died from an intestinal infection in 2011, aged 57.
Socrates, a qualified doctor, played in the 1982 and 1986 World Cup and is considered one of the greatest players in Brazil`s history.
In 2004, he was named by Pele as one of the top 125 living footballers and he is a member of the Pacaembu Brazilian football museum`s hall of fame.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH