Son`s delight at debut Bundesliga hat-trick
Berlin: South Korea striker Son Heung-Min admitted it was a special feeling to score his first Bundesliga hat-trick in Bayer Leverkusen`s 5-3 win over against his former club Hamburg.
"I am very, very happy," said Son after Leverkusen won the eight-goal thriller to stay third in the Bundesliga on Saturday.
"It was a special game for me, I have a lot to thank Hamburg for, but I am just really happy we won the match. I hope things continue like that."
Having joined Champions League side Leverkusen last July after four seasons at Hamburg, the 21-year-old showed his class with three goals and set up Bayer`s fourth for Germany striker Stefan Kiessling.
After a superb strike for his first after nine minutes, Son broke clear of the defence, rounded Hamburg goalkeeper Rene Adler and fired home, to the dismay of two defenders on 16 minutes.
The South Korea star then unleashed a fierce shot for his third on 55 minutes before turning goal provider when he fed Kiessling for Leverkusen`s fourth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption