Son`s delight at debut Bundesliga hat-trick
Berlin: South Korea striker Son Heung-Min admitted it was a special feeling to score his first Bundesliga hat-trick in Bayer Leverkusen`s 5-3 win over against his former club Hamburg.
"I am very, very happy," said Son after Leverkusen won the eight-goal thriller to stay third in the Bundesliga on Saturday.
"It was a special game for me, I have a lot to thank Hamburg for, but I am just really happy we won the match. I hope things continue like that."
Having joined Champions League side Leverkusen last July after four seasons at Hamburg, the 21-year-old showed his class with three goals and set up Bayer`s fourth for Germany striker Stefan Kiessling.
After a superb strike for his first after nine minutes, Son broke clear of the defence, rounded Hamburg goalkeeper Rene Adler and fired home, to the dismay of two defenders on 16 minutes.
The South Korea star then unleashed a fierce shot for his third on 55 minutes before turning goal provider when he fed Kiessling for Leverkusen`s fourth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan