Soon, dead Barca fans can watch favourite stars in action from beyond the grave
London: Spanish giants Barcelona has reportedly announced their plans to enable 3,000 `lucky` deceased fans to take their place at the Nou Camp.
The club intends to include a newly-built `Barcelona mausoleum`, which will originally have space for 500 urns containing the ashes of the dead fans, into a renovated Nou Camp in the future, which will then have capacity for 30,000 urns.
According to a leading website, club`s director of facilities Josep Ramon Vidal-Abarca said that the move is a response to a historic demand from fans that their remains could rest at the stadium.
The report mentioned that the 30,000 capacity second-phase of the project, named Memorial Space FC Barcelona, is being planned in conjunction with partners Giem Sports , which stated that the project is a tribute to those who wish to be bound forever to the club.
Supporters will be able to purchase ceramic slabs decorated in Barcelona colours, behind which their loved ones` remains will be kept, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family