South Korea see off nine-man Costa Rica
Los Angeles: Kim Shin-Wook scored the only goal as South Korea battled past nine-man Costa Rica 1-0 Saturday in a friendly in Los Angeles ahead of the World Cup.
Midfielder Kim`s ninth-minute strike proved to be enough in a tempestuous match that saw Costa Rica have Christopher Meneses sent off for a straight red in the 68th minute and Mauricio Castillo given his marching orders after receiving a second yellow in the 84th.
The narrow victory gave South Korea a good start to their three-match North American tour, which will include a clash with Mexico on Wednesday in San Antonio, Texas, and a friendly against the United States in Los Angeles on February 1.
South Korea play in Group H versus Belgium, Algeria and Russia in the World Cup finals in Brazil later this year.
Costa Rica are in Group D along with Uruguay, England and Italy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan