South Korea see off nine-man Costa Rica
Los Angeles: Kim Shin-Wook scored the only goal as South Korea battled past nine-man Costa Rica 1-0 Saturday in a friendly in Los Angeles ahead of the World Cup.
Midfielder Kim`s ninth-minute strike proved to be enough in a tempestuous match that saw Costa Rica have Christopher Meneses sent off for a straight red in the 68th minute and Mauricio Castillo given his marching orders after receiving a second yellow in the 84th.
The narrow victory gave South Korea a good start to their three-match North American tour, which will include a clash with Mexico on Wednesday in San Antonio, Texas, and a friendly against the United States in Los Angeles on February 1.
South Korea play in Group H versus Belgium, Algeria and Russia in the World Cup finals in Brazil later this year.
Costa Rica are in Group D along with Uruguay, England and Italy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: SHOCKING! Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters mercilessly beat up man for showing black flag
- WATCH: Fan girl proposes Zaheer Khan with 'I Love You' message during live match
- Your depressed better-half can make you sad too!
- 70% want Narendra Modi to be PM till 2024, 62% happy with his performance: Survey
- Chhota Rajan faces death threat from Chhota Shakeel while in Tihar