Southampton suspend record signing Dani Osvaldo
Southampton suspended their club record signing Dani Osvaldo for two weeks on Thursday following an incident at the club`s training ground.
Southampton did not reveal what had happened but in a statement on their website (www.saintsfc.co.uk) said: "The club has taken swift and proper action for what it considers a breach of the conduct expected of its players."
It added it would be making no further comment.
The Argentine-born Italy international striker joined Southampton for a club record fee of 15.0 million pounds from AS Roma at the start of the season but he has only scored three times in 12 appearances so far.
Earlier this month he was fined 40,000 pounds and banned for three matches by the English FA for his part in a touchline fracas against Newcastle in December.
Last week Southampton rejected an approach from Inter Milan to sign him on a loan deal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...