Southampton suspend record signing Dani Osvaldo
Southampton suspended their club record signing Dani Osvaldo for two weeks on Thursday following an incident at the club`s training ground.
Southampton did not reveal what had happened but in a statement on their website (www.saintsfc.co.uk) said: "The club has taken swift and proper action for what it considers a breach of the conduct expected of its players."
It added it would be making no further comment.
The Argentine-born Italy international striker joined Southampton for a club record fee of 15.0 million pounds from AS Roma at the start of the season but he has only scored three times in 12 appearances so far.
Earlier this month he was fined 40,000 pounds and banned for three matches by the English FA for his part in a touchline fracas against Newcastle in December.
Last week Southampton rejected an approach from Inter Milan to sign him on a loan deal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur