Southampton suspend record signing Dani Osvaldo
Southampton suspended their club record signing Dani Osvaldo for two weeks on Thursday following an incident at the club`s training ground.
Southampton did not reveal what had happened but in a statement on their website (www.saintsfc.co.uk) said: "The club has taken swift and proper action for what it considers a breach of the conduct expected of its players."
It added it would be making no further comment.
The Argentine-born Italy international striker joined Southampton for a club record fee of 15.0 million pounds from AS Roma at the start of the season but he has only scored three times in 12 appearances so far.
Earlier this month he was fined 40,000 pounds and banned for three matches by the English FA for his part in a touchline fracas against Newcastle in December.
Last week Southampton rejected an approach from Inter Milan to sign him on a loan deal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Three federal police officials killed in Mexico
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership