Southampton suspend record signing Dani Osvaldo
Southampton suspended their club record signing Dani Osvaldo for two weeks on Thursday following an incident at the club`s training ground.
Southampton did not reveal what had happened but in a statement on their website (www.saintsfc.co.uk) said: "The club has taken swift and proper action for what it considers a breach of the conduct expected of its players."
It added it would be making no further comment.
The Argentine-born Italy international striker joined Southampton for a club record fee of 15.0 million pounds from AS Roma at the start of the season but he has only scored three times in 12 appearances so far.
Earlier this month he was fined 40,000 pounds and banned for three matches by the English FA for his part in a touchline fracas against Newcastle in December.
Last week Southampton rejected an approach from Inter Milan to sign him on a loan deal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda