Spain advance to UEFA U-21 championship semi-finals
Jerusalem: Spain beat Germany 1-0 to reach the semifinals of the 2013 UEFA U-21 championship here.
Spain dominated the match Sunday with 18 scoring attempts to Germany`s six. But Spain failed to take advantage of those chances until Alvaro Morata scored in the 86th minute.
Morata`s goal not only secured Spain`s place in the semi-finals but also eliminated Germany after a second straight defeat in Group B.
In the other Group B match played the same day, the Netherlands thrashed Russia 5-1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought