Spain advance to UEFA U-21 championship semi-finals
Jerusalem: Spain beat Germany 1-0 to reach the semifinals of the 2013 UEFA U-21 championship here.
Spain dominated the match Sunday with 18 scoring attempts to Germany`s six. But Spain failed to take advantage of those chances until Alvaro Morata scored in the 86th minute.
Morata`s goal not only secured Spain`s place in the semi-finals but also eliminated Germany after a second straight defeat in Group B.
In the other Group B match played the same day, the Netherlands thrashed Russia 5-1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details