Spain advance to UEFA U-21 championship semi-finals
Jerusalem: Spain beat Germany 1-0 to reach the semifinals of the 2013 UEFA U-21 championship here.
Spain dominated the match Sunday with 18 scoring attempts to Germany`s six. But Spain failed to take advantage of those chances until Alvaro Morata scored in the 86th minute.
Morata`s goal not only secured Spain`s place in the semi-finals but also eliminated Germany after a second straight defeat in Group B.
In the other Group B match played the same day, the Netherlands thrashed Russia 5-1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why