Spain advance to UEFA U-21 championship semi-finals
Jerusalem: Spain beat Germany 1-0 to reach the semifinals of the 2013 UEFA U-21 championship here.
Spain dominated the match Sunday with 18 scoring attempts to Germany`s six. But Spain failed to take advantage of those chances until Alvaro Morata scored in the 86th minute.
Morata`s goal not only secured Spain`s place in the semi-finals but also eliminated Germany after a second straight defeat in Group B.
In the other Group B match played the same day, the Netherlands thrashed Russia 5-1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- School dropout biggest crisis in India, says Singapore Deputy PM
- Italy quake death toll hits 278, state funeral planned
- Jigisha killer Ravi Kapoor convicted in taxi-driver murder case
- Records aside, US Open getting personal for Serena Williams
- World Risk Report 2016: India ranks 77th in world disaster risk index