Spain and Netherlands will reach Euro 2012 final: Sneijder
Amsterdam: Wesley Sneijder feels Spain are Netherlands` biggest rivals for glory at Euro 2012, and believes that the reigning champions will face the Oranje in the final of this summer`s tournament.
La Furia Roja beat Holland 1-0 after extra time in the 2010 World Cup final, and Sneijder feels that Spain are once more the team to beat as they have the best squad in the competition.
"There haven`t been many changes in the Spain squad. All their players are about 25, 26 years old. I think that they have the best team and will make it to the final, and so will we," Sneijder said.
The Inter star then looked back at Netherlands` last match against Vicente del Bosque`s side, and stressed that Oranje always want to approach games positively.
"We always want to attack, also against Spain. We had a similar attitude ahead of the World Cup final. However, sometimes you have to adapt during a game."
Netherlands are paired with Denmark, Germany and Portugal at Euro 2012, while Spain will have to deal with Croatia, Italy and Republic of Ireland in Group C.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding