Spain continue to lead FIFA ranking
London: Spain continue to hold a comfortable lead over second-placed Germany in the Fifa ranking, with Argentina occupying the third podium spot.
England remain in fourth position, only just holding off Italy.
Colombia are the only other non-European team in the top 10, with the South Americans sitting sixth in the table. Portugal, Netherlands, Croatia and Russia complete the top 10, in that order.
Cote d`Ivoire are Africa`s highest ranked representative in 13th place, while 2014 World Cup hosts, Brazil, have to settle for 18th position.
Meanwhile, 26th-placed Japan are flying the flag for Asia, well ahead of Australia and Korea Republic.
The main changes are to be found lower down the ranking following the opening qualifiers for the AFC Challenge Cup 2014, with Afghanistan and India among the biggest climbers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Kashmir violence: Avoid using pellet guns against protesters as far as possible, Rajnath Singh tells security forces
- Pakistan spinner Mohammad Hafeez to undergo retest on modified bowling action
- Elderly woman found murdered in Delhi
- IAF's mising AN-32 transporter: Satellites provide pointers, but no signs of aircraft yet
- Harsimrat writes to RS chairman for action on Jairam, Renuka