Spain continue to lead FIFA ranking
London: Spain continue to hold a comfortable lead over second-placed Germany in the Fifa ranking, with Argentina occupying the third podium spot.
England remain in fourth position, only just holding off Italy.
Colombia are the only other non-European team in the top 10, with the South Americans sitting sixth in the table. Portugal, Netherlands, Croatia and Russia complete the top 10, in that order.
Cote d`Ivoire are Africa`s highest ranked representative in 13th place, while 2014 World Cup hosts, Brazil, have to settle for 18th position.
Meanwhile, 26th-placed Japan are flying the flag for Asia, well ahead of Australia and Korea Republic.
The main changes are to be found lower down the ranking following the opening qualifiers for the AFC Challenge Cup 2014, with Afghanistan and India among the biggest climbers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH