Spain continue to lead FIFA ranking
London: Spain continue to hold a comfortable lead over second-placed Germany in the Fifa ranking, with Argentina occupying the third podium spot.
England remain in fourth position, only just holding off Italy.
Colombia are the only other non-European team in the top 10, with the South Americans sitting sixth in the table. Portugal, Netherlands, Croatia and Russia complete the top 10, in that order.
Cote d`Ivoire are Africa`s highest ranked representative in 13th place, while 2014 World Cup hosts, Brazil, have to settle for 18th position.
Meanwhile, 26th-placed Japan are flying the flag for Asia, well ahead of Australia and Korea Republic.
The main changes are to be found lower down the ranking following the opening qualifiers for the AFC Challenge Cup 2014, with Afghanistan and India among the biggest climbers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- High alert across LoC after terror attacks in Srinagar, manhunt on for Hizb-ul-Mujahideen militants
- ISRO's RLV-TD launch: Why it matters to India!
- Meet Priyanka Chopra's 'woman crush'! You will love her for sure
- Watch – 'Hillary Clinton lying for 13 minutes straight'
- Another blockbuster? Salman Khan's next with Kabir Khan based on human drama!