Spain continue to lead FIFA ranking
London: Spain continue to hold a comfortable lead over second-placed Germany in the Fifa ranking, with Argentina occupying the third podium spot.
England remain in fourth position, only just holding off Italy.
Colombia are the only other non-European team in the top 10, with the South Americans sitting sixth in the table. Portugal, Netherlands, Croatia and Russia complete the top 10, in that order.
Cote d`Ivoire are Africa`s highest ranked representative in 13th place, while 2014 World Cup hosts, Brazil, have to settle for 18th position.
Meanwhile, 26th-placed Japan are flying the flag for Asia, well ahead of Australia and Korea Republic.
The main changes are to be found lower down the ranking following the opening qualifiers for the AFC Challenge Cup 2014, with Afghanistan and India among the biggest climbers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire