Spain lacked precision against Finland: Sergio Ramos
Gijon: Sergio Ramos feels Spain were in complete control in Friday`s World Cup qualifier against Finland, but were made to rue their lack of precision in front of goal, as they had to settle for a 1-1 draw.
The Real Madrid defender broke the deadlock shortly after the break, but Teemu Pukki restored parity in the 79th minute to help Finland to a hard-fought draw.
"Looking at the result, it`s a real pity, especially after I celebrated my 100th cap with a goal," he was quoted as saying.
"We completely controlled that game but ultimately let it out of our grasp. We are not happy. We just weren`t precise enough when it came to finishing Finland off."
The defender then looked ahead to Tuesday`s match away against France, and is confident Spain can emerge victorious.
"We will be facing a great team on Tuesday but we can beat them and it`s that mentality we`ll take there."
Spain are currently trailing France by two points in Group I.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler