Spain lacked precision against Finland: Sergio Ramos
Gijon: Sergio Ramos feels Spain were in complete control in Friday`s World Cup qualifier against Finland, but were made to rue their lack of precision in front of goal, as they had to settle for a 1-1 draw.
The Real Madrid defender broke the deadlock shortly after the break, but Teemu Pukki restored parity in the 79th minute to help Finland to a hard-fought draw.
"Looking at the result, it`s a real pity, especially after I celebrated my 100th cap with a goal," he was quoted as saying.
"We completely controlled that game but ultimately let it out of our grasp. We are not happy. We just weren`t precise enough when it came to finishing Finland off."
The defender then looked ahead to Tuesday`s match away against France, and is confident Spain can emerge victorious.
"We will be facing a great team on Tuesday but we can beat them and it`s that mentality we`ll take there."
Spain are currently trailing France by two points in Group I.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster