Spain lacked precision against Finland: Sergio Ramos
Gijon: Sergio Ramos feels Spain were in complete control in Friday`s World Cup qualifier against Finland, but were made to rue their lack of precision in front of goal, as they had to settle for a 1-1 draw.
The Real Madrid defender broke the deadlock shortly after the break, but Teemu Pukki restored parity in the 79th minute to help Finland to a hard-fought draw.
"Looking at the result, it`s a real pity, especially after I celebrated my 100th cap with a goal," he was quoted as saying.
"We completely controlled that game but ultimately let it out of our grasp. We are not happy. We just weren`t precise enough when it came to finishing Finland off."
The defender then looked ahead to Tuesday`s match away against France, and is confident Spain can emerge victorious.
"We will be facing a great team on Tuesday but we can beat them and it`s that mentality we`ll take there."
Spain are currently trailing France by two points in Group I.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Bhagwant Mann posts video of security pickets on way to Parliament; MPs attack AAP lawmaker
- Mario Goetze returns home: Germany's World Cup hero leaves Bayern Munich for Borussia Dortmund
- 43 civilians dead in bombardment of Syria rebel-held areas: Report
- Rain, traffic jam and kisses - This couple hogged the limelight on Delhi road: Watch
- England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test: Axe for Steven Finn, Jake Ball as hosts seek to level series