Spain lacked precision against Finland: Sergio Ramos
Gijon: Sergio Ramos feels Spain were in complete control in Friday`s World Cup qualifier against Finland, but were made to rue their lack of precision in front of goal, as they had to settle for a 1-1 draw.
The Real Madrid defender broke the deadlock shortly after the break, but Teemu Pukki restored parity in the 79th minute to help Finland to a hard-fought draw.
"Looking at the result, it`s a real pity, especially after I celebrated my 100th cap with a goal," he was quoted as saying.
"We completely controlled that game but ultimately let it out of our grasp. We are not happy. We just weren`t precise enough when it came to finishing Finland off."
The defender then looked ahead to Tuesday`s match away against France, and is confident Spain can emerge victorious.
"We will be facing a great team on Tuesday but we can beat them and it`s that mentality we`ll take there."
Spain are currently trailing France by two points in Group I.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened