Spain vs France World Cup qualifier: Preview
Paris: Spain have no fresh injury concerns heading into Tuesday`s Group I World Cup qualifier against France.
Andres Iniesta is set to return to the starting line-up after being rested on the bench for Friday`s win at Belarus, while Cesc Fabregas should continue in his `false nine` role up front.
Coach Vicente del Bosque may restore Sergio Busquets to his natural position in midfield and bring in Raul Albiol in central defence to counter the attacking threat of the visitors.
Midfielder Clement Chantome misses out for France after picking up a groin problem in the 1-0 friendly defeat against Japan.
The Paris Saint-Germain player`s injury further curtails boss Didier Deschamps`s midfield options, with Abou Diaby and Rio Mavuba both sidelined.
However, Yohan Cabaye and Patrice Evra are back in the frame after making recoveries from rib and back problems respectively.
Some Important facts:
Sergio Busquets and Santi Cazorla are in line to win their 50th caps for Spain.
France have won just two of their last six fixtures, including friendlies, and have scored just four goals in those matches.
Karim Benzema (pictured right) has not scored in his last eight appearances for France.
Spain: Casillas, Arbeloa, Albiol, Ramos, Alba, Xavi, Busquets, Alonso
Pedro, Fabregas, Iniesta
France: Lloris Debuchy, Koscielny, Sakho, Evra, Sissoko, Cabaye, Matuidi, Menez, Benzema, Ribery
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"