Spain vs France World Cup qualifier: Preview
Paris: Spain have no fresh injury concerns heading into Tuesday`s Group I World Cup qualifier against France.
Andres Iniesta is set to return to the starting line-up after being rested on the bench for Friday`s win at Belarus, while Cesc Fabregas should continue in his `false nine` role up front.
Coach Vicente del Bosque may restore Sergio Busquets to his natural position in midfield and bring in Raul Albiol in central defence to counter the attacking threat of the visitors.
Midfielder Clement Chantome misses out for France after picking up a groin problem in the 1-0 friendly defeat against Japan.
The Paris Saint-Germain player`s injury further curtails boss Didier Deschamps`s midfield options, with Abou Diaby and Rio Mavuba both sidelined.
However, Yohan Cabaye and Patrice Evra are back in the frame after making recoveries from rib and back problems respectively.
Some Important facts:
Sergio Busquets and Santi Cazorla are in line to win their 50th caps for Spain.
France have won just two of their last six fixtures, including friendlies, and have scored just four goals in those matches.
Karim Benzema (pictured right) has not scored in his last eight appearances for France.
Spain: Casillas, Arbeloa, Albiol, Ramos, Alba, Xavi, Busquets, Alonso
Pedro, Fabregas, Iniesta
France: Lloris Debuchy, Koscielny, Sakho, Evra, Sissoko, Cabaye, Matuidi, Menez, Benzema, Ribery
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why