Spanish league demotes Real Murcia to third tier
Madrid: Spain`s professional league (LFP) has demoted Real Murcia from the second division to the third tier (Segunda B) and fined them 180,000 euros ($240,800) after they failed to meet the competition`s financial criteria.
A Murcia delegation led by coach Jose Manuel Aira and accompanied to the LFP headquarters in Madrid by several hundred noisily protesting fans failed to prevent the league from ratifying the sanctions on Thursday.
Miranda de Ebro-based Mirandes, who finished 19th among the 22 second-division sides last season and were relegated, will take Murcia`s place, the LFP said in a statement.
LFP president Javier Tebas is due to hold a news conference later on Thursday to discuss the decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday