Spartak keeper Dikan out for a month
Moscow: Russian football club Spartak Moscow`s goalkeeper Andriy Dikan will be out of action for at least a month after suffering a shoulder injury.
The injury puts the Ukraine international out of Tuesday`s Champions League clash against Celtic and Spartak`s home game against Benfica.
The 35-year-old suffered the injury in Spartak`s 3-1 win away at Amkar Perm and was replaced at half-time by reserve stopper Sergei Pesyakov.
Spartak said a medical examination Sunday discovered damage to the joint capsule of Dikan`s right shoulder.
"Consultations are being held with leading European surgeons specialising in shoulder-joint problems," Spartak said on its website.
Dikan has eight caps for Ukraine and missed his home tournament of Euro 2012 after sustaining severe facial injuries in a clash with Zenit St. Petersburg Alexander Kerzhakov in March.
Another injury doubt for the Celtic game is defender Evgeny Makeev, who has calf muscle problems and will undergo tests Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh