Spartak keeper Dikan out for a month
Moscow: Russian football club Spartak Moscow`s goalkeeper Andriy Dikan will be out of action for at least a month after suffering a shoulder injury.
The injury puts the Ukraine international out of Tuesday`s Champions League clash against Celtic and Spartak`s home game against Benfica.
The 35-year-old suffered the injury in Spartak`s 3-1 win away at Amkar Perm and was replaced at half-time by reserve stopper Sergei Pesyakov.
Spartak said a medical examination Sunday discovered damage to the joint capsule of Dikan`s right shoulder.
"Consultations are being held with leading European surgeons specialising in shoulder-joint problems," Spartak said on its website.
Dikan has eight caps for Ukraine and missed his home tournament of Euro 2012 after sustaining severe facial injuries in a clash with Zenit St. Petersburg Alexander Kerzhakov in March.
Another injury doubt for the Celtic game is defender Evgeny Makeev, who has calf muscle problems and will undergo tests Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog