Spirited East Bengal to take on Shillong Lajong
Kolkata: Back to winning ways with a superb away win in their last match, a spirited East Bengal will look to continue their winning run against Shillong Lajong FC in a round four fixture of the fifth I-League at the Yuba Bharati Krirangan on Saturday.
After suffering an opening round loss at home, East Bengal struggled to hit form when they were held by Prayag United SC.
Desperate for a win, East Bengal got their full points of the I-League season when they came from behind in style to score a 4-1 win over Mumbai FC.
The win that had come in absence of their inspirational midfielder Mehtab Hussain, who is yet to recover from a groin injury, definitely revived their sagging morale in the start of the season and the key now would be to be consistent.
Back home, East Bengal will once be without the services of Hussain and defender Gaikwad but Trevor Morgan was confident of yet another spectacular win.
"We are happy with last match`s performance, but we have to be consistent. But we have to ensure that we remain true to our strategy and get full points," Morgan said.
At the same time, the Englishman said his boys cannot afford to relax at any moment against the North Eastern outfit.
"Lajong are a very good side... They are known for their speed and energy."
With Robin Singh out of form, the young Delhi forward is likely to sit out and it seems that it will be a all-foreign East Bengal attack in the form of Alan Gow and Tolgay Ozbey.
Uga Okpara will man East Bengal`s defence. Shillong Lajong had a delayed practice in the morning and their coach Pradhyum Reddy did not talk to media in protest.
The Shillong team will bank on their foreigner Cristopher and Jonny Menyongar up front.
Both the teams have four points each after one loss, one draw and one win each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof