Sporting Clube blank Pailan Arrows 2-0
Kolkata: Sporting Clube de Goa struck twice in the second half to blank local challengers Pailan Arrows 2-0 in a round 19 I-League fixture at the Yuba Bharati Krirangan here on Sunday.
Kalu Ogba Nanna (63rd minute) and Victorino Fernandes (87th) found the target once each to ensure full three points for the visitors from Goa.
It was a sluggish first half as the action hovered largely around the midfield and the flanks remained mostly unutilised.
Both the teams had a couple of stray chances but the goal remained elusive.
Sporting Clube sought the attack route in the 12th minute when Victorino Fernandes got close to the Arrows goal but goalkeeper Soram Angamba made a valiant save.
The Arrows forward Seiminlen Doungel wasted a good chance in the 34th minute producing a misdirected shot from close to the target.
The second-half was more lively as Sporting Clube shrugged off the defensive orientation and got the Arrows pinned to their own territory.
Sporting Clube substitute Dawson Fernandes set up the goal for Kalu as the Arrows defence could not read the move.
Arrows had a chance in the 86th minute but Pranoy Halder`s header could not beat the Sporting Clube goalkeeper Bruno Colaco.
Fernandes` hard work paid off in the end when he struck from a powerful 22-yard shot to complete the scoreline.
Sporting Clube de Goa now have 23 points from 19 matches while the Arrows remained stuck on 19 points, also from 19 games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you