Sporting hold Churchill to a 1-1 draw
Margao: Sporting clube de Goa dented a hole to Churchill Brothers race for the title when they held them to an exciting 1-1 draw in the 21st round of the I-League, played at Nehru Stadium this evening.
Sporting Clube de Goa who started positively took the lead in the 5th minute when James Moga headed the ball into the net past helpless keeper Felix D`Souza off a free kick taken by Kalu Ogba.
Churchill Brothers than launched series of attacks and after being close on three occasion in the first half restored parity in the 53rd minute through Zakeer Mundampara who controlled the ball inside the box off a pass from Henri Autchouet and essayed a stiff ground to find the far corner of the net.
Churchill then went all out in search of the elusive winner but were denied by rival keeper who brought off couple of excellent saves.
The draw takes Churchill Brothers to 35 points, the same as Prayag United, but are behind them to sixth place from 20 matches.
Sporting who played 21 matches have collected 31 points to remain on 8th place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed