Sporting hold Churchill to a 1-1 draw
Margao: Sporting clube de Goa dented a hole to Churchill Brothers race for the title when they held them to an exciting 1-1 draw in the 21st round of the I-League, played at Nehru Stadium this evening.
Sporting Clube de Goa who started positively took the lead in the 5th minute when James Moga headed the ball into the net past helpless keeper Felix D`Souza off a free kick taken by Kalu Ogba.
Churchill Brothers than launched series of attacks and after being close on three occasion in the first half restored parity in the 53rd minute through Zakeer Mundampara who controlled the ball inside the box off a pass from Henri Autchouet and essayed a stiff ground to find the far corner of the net.
Churchill then went all out in search of the elusive winner but were denied by rival keeper who brought off couple of excellent saves.
The draw takes Churchill Brothers to 35 points, the same as Prayag United, but are behind them to sixth place from 20 matches.
Sporting who played 21 matches have collected 31 points to remain on 8th place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch