Sporting look for Spanish coach to turn team`s fortune
Margao: Going through a lean patch this season after winning only two matches from nine outings in the ongoing I-League, Sporting Clube de Goa have knocked on the doors of Spanish coach Oscar Bruzon to turn things around and pull the team out of the relegation zone.
Sporting`s club president Peter Vaz was upset with the way his team was performing.
"Oscar will be our new chief coach and take charge of the training session tomorrow," said Vaz.
Sporting Clube suffered their third consecutive defeat and now have seven points from nine matches.
Oscar, 35, has been around in India for a while and has been involved in a couple of academies cross the country.
His latest assignment was with the SPT Academy in Bangalore.
He has donned colours for Celta de Vigo in the Spanish second division and trained the under-14 squad of the same team, which now plays in the Spanish La Liga.
Oscar has also attained a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from the University of Vigo in Spain.
Vaz said Ekendra Singh will continue to be involved with the coaching staff and assist Oscar, while Alex Alvares will be the technical director.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand