Sporting look for Spanish coach to turn team`s fortune
Margao: Going through a lean patch this season after winning only two matches from nine outings in the ongoing I-League, Sporting Clube de Goa have knocked on the doors of Spanish coach Oscar Bruzon to turn things around and pull the team out of the relegation zone.
Sporting`s club president Peter Vaz was upset with the way his team was performing.
"Oscar will be our new chief coach and take charge of the training session tomorrow," said Vaz.
Sporting Clube suffered their third consecutive defeat and now have seven points from nine matches.
Oscar, 35, has been around in India for a while and has been involved in a couple of academies cross the country.
His latest assignment was with the SPT Academy in Bangalore.
He has donned colours for Celta de Vigo in the Spanish second division and trained the under-14 squad of the same team, which now plays in the Spanish La Liga.
Oscar has also attained a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from the University of Vigo in Spain.
Vaz said Ekendra Singh will continue to be involved with the coaching staff and assist Oscar, while Alex Alvares will be the technical director.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details