Sporting look to keep momentum going against ONGC
Mapusa: Sporting Clube de Goa will look to keep their winning momentum intact as they face ONGC in a 22nd round match of the I-League at the Duler stadium on Thursday.
Sporting have raised their game, winning five matches on the trot after Spanish coach Oscar Bruzon Barreras took over the reins.
"It`s our hard work and dedication that has paid off. Wins against Salgaocar, Churchill Brothers and Dempo have raised the team morale and we are now looking to win against ONGC," said Barreras.
"We drew against ONGC in the first leg, but that was a match we could have won after dominating the second session," said Oscar. The team was down 0-2 against ONGC, but rallied for a 2-2 draw.
Sporting will miss the services of Joyner Lourenco and Prathesh Shirodkar (both suspended) but the coach remained confident that they have enough in reserves.
"Honestly, I am not worried. We have some fine players who can step up and do the job for us," he said.
ONGC have also done well after Santosh Kashyap took over, especially against the top team.
"The players are doing a wonderful job. I was always confident that I could save relegation with this squad, but the other target was to finish in the top seven. I think we can achieve that," said Kashyap.
ONGC are currently placed seventh on the table with 28 points from 21 matches. Sporting Clube are sitting a step higher with an extra point.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof