Sporting looking for a win against HAL
Margao: Sporting Clube de Goa will look to end their I-League campaign on a winning note as they take on relegated HAL on Saturday at the Nehru Stadium in Fatorda here.
"Now that we play our last match at home we want to end on a winning note. HAL are an unpredictable side who can turn things around on their given day. My boys are ready for the challenge and I expect a close contest," Sporting Clube de Goa Technical Director, Alex Alvares, said.
With James Moga back in the side after one match suspension, the attack will look more sharper, Alvares added.
Alvares was hopeful that his team would finish among the top five, but the defeat against East Bengal in their last match has pushed them to eight place with 37 points.
A win tomorrow will not alter their position as they will finish behind Prayag United, who are on 42 points from 25 matches.
HAL, who are relegated to the second division of the I-League, are on eight points and the team is hoping to end the season on positive note.
HAL coach Ramalingam Thyagraj said, "We are aware of tomorrow`s challenge. We drew against them in our last meeting, but tomorrow they have the home advantage and we have to play to our potential for a win," said Thyagraj.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US