Sporting looking for a win against HAL
Margao: Sporting Clube de Goa will look to end their I-League campaign on a winning note as they take on relegated HAL on Saturday at the Nehru Stadium in Fatorda here.
"Now that we play our last match at home we want to end on a winning note. HAL are an unpredictable side who can turn things around on their given day. My boys are ready for the challenge and I expect a close contest," Sporting Clube de Goa Technical Director, Alex Alvares, said.
With James Moga back in the side after one match suspension, the attack will look more sharper, Alvares added.
Alvares was hopeful that his team would finish among the top five, but the defeat against East Bengal in their last match has pushed them to eight place with 37 points.
A win tomorrow will not alter their position as they will finish behind Prayag United, who are on 42 points from 25 matches.
HAL, who are relegated to the second division of the I-League, are on eight points and the team is hoping to end the season on positive note.
HAL coach Ramalingam Thyagraj said, "We are aware of tomorrow`s challenge. We drew against them in our last meeting, but tomorrow they have the home advantage and we have to play to our potential for a win," said Thyagraj.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble