Spurs defender brands Rooney as "a dirty prostitute sha**er"
London: Spurs defender Benoit Assou-Ekotto has branded Manchester United`s star striker Wayne Rooney as "a dirty prostitute sha**er" in the wake of the latter two-timing his wife Coleen while she was pregnant with their child.
"The tendency in football at the moment is that as long as you`re not a prostitute sha**er then it`s OK, it`s no big deal. Wayne`s not very well and it`s a dirty thing for his wife to know he had relations with a prostitute. He was seeing the same bird for seven months," The Sun quoted Assou-Ekotto, as saying in an interview to the French football magazine So Foot.
He was speaking ahead of a Spurs`-Manchester United clash tonight, and according to the Sun, the timing of the statement could hardly be worse.
Rooney is expected to be at the game after returning from his Dubai holiday.
He has been trying to patch up his marriage to Coleen since news of his affair with hooker Jennifer Thompson broke last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre