Spurs face player revolt if Villas-Boas appointed new manager
London: English Premier League club Tottenham Hotspurs could face a possible mutiny from players if the club goes ahead with plans to appoint former Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas as their new manager in place of Harry Redknapp.
Some senior Spurs stars have spoken to Chelsea players who claimed Villas-Boas was a nightmare to work with, and told them to stay well clear of the Portuguese coach, The Sun reports.
Tottenham players are already displeased at Redknapp’s shock sacking last Wednesday, and chairman Daniel Levy now faces the prospect of making an appointment that might tear the dressing room apart at White Hart Lane.
Levy, who showed no mercy in sacking Redknapp despite leading Spurs to a fourth-place finish last term, could refuse to be dictated to by militant players and push ahead with his move for AVB.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Video of Hizbul Mujahideen militant threatening cops surfaces in Srinagar