Spurs face player revolt if Villas-Boas appointed new manager
London: English Premier League club Tottenham Hotspurs could face a possible mutiny from players if the club goes ahead with plans to appoint former Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas as their new manager in place of Harry Redknapp.
Some senior Spurs stars have spoken to Chelsea players who claimed Villas-Boas was a nightmare to work with, and told them to stay well clear of the Portuguese coach, The Sun reports.
Tottenham players are already displeased at Redknapp’s shock sacking last Wednesday, and chairman Daniel Levy now faces the prospect of making an appointment that might tear the dressing room apart at White Hart Lane.
Levy, who showed no mercy in sacking Redknapp despite leading Spurs to a fourth-place finish last term, could refuse to be dictated to by militant players and push ahead with his move for AVB.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing