Spurs force FA Cup replay with Bolton
London: Bolton Wanderers and Tottenham Hotspur battled to a 1-1 stalemate in their FA Cup fifth round tie at the Reebok Stadium Sunday after Tom Huddlestone missed a second half penalty for the visitors.
Bolton deservedly took the lead when Kevin Davies completed a flowing 16-man passing move with a well-taken strike after 34 minutes, choosing his spot perfectly as Spurs goalkeeper Huerelho Gomes scrambled back to cover.
Bolton dominated the opening 45 minutes, but Spurs took control after the break and hit the bar twice in two minutes just before Defoe smashed home their equaliser after 61 minutes.
Huddlestone then had the chance to win the match in the 71st minute but Bolton keeper Jussi Jaaskalainen saved his penalty.
Fulham were playing Notts County and Crystal Palace were facing Aston Villa in later matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!