Spurs force FA Cup replay with Bolton
London: Bolton Wanderers and Tottenham Hotspur battled to a 1-1 stalemate in their FA Cup fifth round tie at the Reebok Stadium Sunday after Tom Huddlestone missed a second half penalty for the visitors.
Bolton deservedly took the lead when Kevin Davies completed a flowing 16-man passing move with a well-taken strike after 34 minutes, choosing his spot perfectly as Spurs goalkeeper Huerelho Gomes scrambled back to cover.
Bolton dominated the opening 45 minutes, but Spurs took control after the break and hit the bar twice in two minutes just before Defoe smashed home their equaliser after 61 minutes.
Huddlestone then had the chance to win the match in the 71st minute but Bolton keeper Jussi Jaaskalainen saved his penalty.
Fulham were playing Notts County and Crystal Palace were facing Aston Villa in later matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO