Spurs keen on signing Beckham after LA deal ends
London: Tottenham and Queens Park Rangers are interested in signing David Beckham when his Major League Soccer contract with the Los Angeles Galaxy expires at the end of the year.
The 36-year-old midfielder trained with Tottenham during the last MLS off-season and manager Harry Redknapp is interested in signing him in January.
"I don`t think you would ever say no to David Beckham. He would bring a lot to any club," Redknapp said on Friday. "He came and trained with us last year. He was fantastic to have around the place as a player and as a person.
"He was a top-class professional and he`s the kind of lad you would like around the place. He is someone the young lads look up to and he is a great role model for anybody."
Although Beckham trained with Spurs in January, the club failed to agree a loan deal for the former England captain.
And talks are yet to start between Spurs and Beckham`s representatives ahead of the MLS season ending in November.
"What are the chances of us signing him? I have no idea," Redknapp said. "I`ll be honest. I don`t have a clue. I wouldn`t know the financial situation or what it would take. I have never discussed it with the chairman.
"Would I like him here? Of course I would."
QPR`s interest in bringing the former Manchester United and Real Madrid player to the Premier League newcomers emerged in a tweet from owner Tony Fernandes.
"It is not a discussion chairman Tony Fernandes and I have had," QPR manager Neil Warnock said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city