Spurs keen on signing Beckham after LA deal ends
London: Tottenham and Queens Park Rangers are interested in signing David Beckham when his Major League Soccer contract with the Los Angeles Galaxy expires at the end of the year.
The 36-year-old midfielder trained with Tottenham during the last MLS off-season and manager Harry Redknapp is interested in signing him in January.
"I don`t think you would ever say no to David Beckham. He would bring a lot to any club," Redknapp said on Friday. "He came and trained with us last year. He was fantastic to have around the place as a player and as a person.
"He was a top-class professional and he`s the kind of lad you would like around the place. He is someone the young lads look up to and he is a great role model for anybody."
Although Beckham trained with Spurs in January, the club failed to agree a loan deal for the former England captain.
And talks are yet to start between Spurs and Beckham`s representatives ahead of the MLS season ending in November.
"What are the chances of us signing him? I have no idea," Redknapp said. "I`ll be honest. I don`t have a clue. I wouldn`t know the financial situation or what it would take. I have never discussed it with the chairman.
"Would I like him here? Of course I would."
QPR`s interest in bringing the former Manchester United and Real Madrid player to the Premier League newcomers emerged in a tweet from owner Tony Fernandes.
"It is not a discussion chairman Tony Fernandes and I have had," QPR manager Neil Warnock said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Sebi cancels registration of Deutsche Mutual Fund
- US-EU trade deal 'risks' emerge in leak
- Thankful Centre accepted mistake of calling off talks with Pakistan: Omar Abdullah
- Federal Bank says done with NPAs; sounds positive about FY17
- Mulberry love: Check out five incredible health benefits of the super fruit!