Spurs to dangle big-name signings in front of Bale to convince him to stay
London: Tottenham Hotspur will reportedly persuade Real Madrid-eyeing Gareth Bale to stay by dangling big-name signings in front of him.
According to the Daily Express, Tottenham majority shareholder Joe Lewis will allow chairman Daniel Levy to carry on spending this summer on at least three big signings, with Spurs having already splashed out 50 million pounds on new players.
Lewis reportedly wants Bale to spurn the advances of Real Madrid and give Spurs one more chance as he believes that a serious title challenge is within their grasp with the top three clubs M anchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea in transition under new managers.
According to the report, Lewis wants Bale to lead that assault, with the promise that the Welshman can go next summer when Spurs recoup the money they have spent by entering the Champions League.
The report mentioned that the top two targets fro the club before the transfer window shuts on September 2 are Roma`s Argentina winger Erik Lamela, who will cost about 30 million pounds, and Ajax`s eight million-pound Denmark midfielder Christian Eriksen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win