Spurs v Man City to kick off EPL
London: The English Premier League 2010/2011 season will kick off at White Hart Lane with Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City, it was announced Tuesday.
The fixture is a rematch of a crucial game towards the end of last season, when visitors Spurs beat City 1-0 at Eastlands to win the race for a Champions League spot.
The opening Premier League fixture will kick off at 12:45pm (1145 GMT) on August 14.
Arsenal’s visit to Liverpool, in Roy Hodgson’s first Premier League game in charge of the Reds, has been moved back to August 15.
The last game of the opening weekend will be Newcastle’s trip to Manchester United, which takes place on August 16.
The Premier League fixture list came out last month.
However, some matches were moved Tuesday, spreading out the opening weekend games for television reasons.
Chelsea begin the defence of their title against newly-promoted West Bromwich Albion.
The August 14 match will mean a return to Stamford Bridge for former Chelsea midfielder Roberto di Matteo, now the West Brom manager.
Chelsea do not face one of the “Big Four” until October 3 when they are at home to London rivals Arsenal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened