Staying at Atletico is the best option, says Falcao
Madrid: Radamel Falcao has suggested staying at Atletico Madrid would be the “best option” for him.
The striker is hugely in-demand among the likes of Chelsea and Real Madrid, if reports are to be believed. However, this latest admittance from the Colombian attacker could scupper any plans for sides to bid for him in the summer.
The 27-year-old arrived at the Liga club in 2011 from Porto, has continued to cement his status as one of the best forwards in the world, and hopes he can use his goals to help keep Atletico fighting for elite European football.
"I have a contract with Atletico for three more years, therefore, that`s the best option," he told Mundo Deportivo.
"As a group we have the clear goal of qualifying for the Champions League. If we maintain the same level that we have showed, we will achieve our objectives.
"We are not thinking about either [Real] Madrid or Barcelona, we are focusing on what we can give and on our objectives."
Atletico Madrid sit above Jose Mourinho’s men in the Spanish Primera Division after 24 games with just Barca ahead of them, although Tito Vilanova’s side have a 12-point gap over the Rojiblancos.
The striker added: "I have come to one of the biggest clubs in Spain, in a very important league that is more well-known on the world stage than any of my previous clubs.
"It has allowed me to grow as a footballer, to become known in other parts of the world. It has been a very positive step."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus