The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) confirmed on Wednesday they are finalising a new deal for national coach Stephen Keshi.
Following an executive committee meeting in Abuja the NFF said in a statement they have approved that acting president Mike Umeh call an emergency meeting to ensure Keshi`s re-engagement "within the shortest possible time".
It is believed that Keshi will receive an improved contract of 7 million Naira (over $44,000) a month, up from his current five million Naira.
Keshi took over in 2011 and his first contract ended after the World Cup. The 52-year-old led Nigeria to the round of 16 in Brazil after guiding the Super Eagles to a third Africa Cup of Nations title in South Africa last year.
Keshi`s immediate assignment would be the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers, which begin in September.
Defending champions Nigeria are in a qualifying group with South Africa, Sudan and either Congo or Rwanda with the top two advancing to January`s Nations Cup in Morocco.
Meanwhile, the NFF said that an extraordinary congress will no longer take place on Thursday as planned because of "unforeseen circumstances" and promised a new date.
During the executive committee meeting Musa Amadu was confirmed as NFF general secretary, while changes were made to the electoral and appeal committees.