Steven Gerrard admits `doubted` Suarez, Sturridge partnership at Liverpool
London: Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has admitted that he had doubts over whether Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge could form a lethal strike partnership.
According to Metro.co.uk, the Reds deadly duo have scored 16 goals between them to fire Brendan Rodgers team to second place in the Premier League after the opening 11 games.
The form of the impressive front two and the partnership they have developed has seen Liverpool emerge as genuine title contenders this season, the report said.
However, Gerrard said that at the start, he was not sure whether it would work.
He added that Sturridge had grown as a player and had been great for Liverpool, and if he listens to the right people, he can improve.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore