Steven Gerrard admits `doubted` Suarez, Sturridge partnership at Liverpool
London: Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has admitted that he had doubts over whether Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge could form a lethal strike partnership.
According to Metro.co.uk, the Reds deadly duo have scored 16 goals between them to fire Brendan Rodgers team to second place in the Premier League after the opening 11 games.
The form of the impressive front two and the partnership they have developed has seen Liverpool emerge as genuine title contenders this season, the report said.
However, Gerrard said that at the start, he was not sure whether it would work.
He added that Sturridge had grown as a player and had been great for Liverpool, and if he listens to the right people, he can improve.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef