Steven Gerrard admits `doubted` Suarez, Sturridge partnership at Liverpool
London: Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has admitted that he had doubts over whether Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge could form a lethal strike partnership.
According to Metro.co.uk, the Reds deadly duo have scored 16 goals between them to fire Brendan Rodgers team to second place in the Premier League after the opening 11 games.
The form of the impressive front two and the partnership they have developed has seen Liverpool emerge as genuine title contenders this season, the report said.
However, Gerrard said that at the start, he was not sure whether it would work.
He added that Sturridge had grown as a player and had been great for Liverpool, and if he listens to the right people, he can improve.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India