Steven Gerrard says Capello never trusted his leadership skills
London: England captain Steven Gerrard has said former coach Fabio Capello only believed in him as a player, but never trusted in him as a leader, and said Roy Hodgson has full faith in his captaincy, which is good for his confidence
Gerrard said it was for the first time he has felt like an actual captain, since he is assured the armband won’t be taken from him after a tournament or few games
"Capello always had belief in me as a player but it was clear he didn`t have total belief for me to be official captain. This manager has come in and done that - it`s very nice and good for my confidence and belief," a daily quoted Gerrard, as saying
"I`ll do this for as long as the manager wants me to. It feels like the first time I`ve been official captain. All the other times, I`ve known the armband was going to go back, either after the tournament or individual games," he added
"You`ve got to relish it. It`s fantastic. It`s something I`ve always dreamed of. I`ve been in this set-up for a long time, so I`m big enough to handle this responsibility," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- We have alternative for Finmeccanica's torpedos: Manohar Parrikar
- IPL 9: This Video reveals how well does Mumbai Indians skipper Rohit Sharma know his team-mates!
- Indian small cars to benefit from Sri Lanka import duty changes
- Pakistan bans contraceptive advertisements on TV, radio
- Janet Yellen says Fed rate hike likely appropriate in coming months