Steven Gerrard wants more for Liverpool
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Liverpool: Leading Liverpool to their first silverware in six years, captain Steven Gerrard says he wants to build up on the successful Carling Cup campaign to achieve more for his club.
“We need to build on it. It would be stupid to stop here. We want more. It’s always cruel when it goes to penalties. Cardiff need to be proud of their performance. But we got there by the skin of our teeth.” Gerrard was quoted as saying by a leading daily.
Gerrard, however had mixed emotions as despite his delight over winning the League cup, he had mixed emotions as his cousin Anthony Gerrard missed a penalty for Cardiff City as they lost to Liverpool in the penalty shootout.
“Obviously I am delighted to have won the trophy for our supporters but I feel for Anthony and Cardiff. We always do it the hard way for some reason, and we have done it again. I have mixed emotions at the moment.”
“It was always going to be the case that one of us was going to be sad, one was going to be celebrating. It doesn’t matter what I say to him. I know that he will be down. I will be here for him and all the family will be behind him.” he was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh