Steven Gerrard wants more for Liverpool
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Liverpool: Leading Liverpool to their first silverware in six years, captain Steven Gerrard says he wants to build up on the successful Carling Cup campaign to achieve more for his club.
“We need to build on it. It would be stupid to stop here. We want more. It’s always cruel when it goes to penalties. Cardiff need to be proud of their performance. But we got there by the skin of our teeth.” Gerrard was quoted as saying by a leading daily.
Gerrard, however had mixed emotions as despite his delight over winning the League cup, he had mixed emotions as his cousin Anthony Gerrard missed a penalty for Cardiff City as they lost to Liverpool in the penalty shootout.
“Obviously I am delighted to have won the trophy for our supporters but I feel for Anthony and Cardiff. We always do it the hard way for some reason, and we have done it again. I have mixed emotions at the moment.”
“It was always going to be the case that one of us was going to be sad, one was going to be celebrating. It doesn’t matter what I say to him. I know that he will be down. I will be here for him and all the family will be behind him.” he was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Tata Motors profits fall on weak Jaguar Land Rover sales
- Russia to pay bonuses to athletes barred from Rio Olympics 2016
- Scorpene data leak unintentional, navy will address all concerns: Parrikar
- Day/Night Duleep Trophy: India Red crush India Green by 219 runs
- UEFA Europa League Draw: Groups, Fixtures, Top clashes – All you need to know!