Stoke City - Liverpool Preview: Potters looking to maintain unbeaten home run
London: Tony Pulis` side clinched their 10th draw of the league season away against Tottenham, while Brendan Rodgers` team smashed Fulham 4-0 at Anfield going into this encounter.
Stoke manager Tony Pulis will be without Rory Delap (hernia) and Marc Wilson (broken leg), while former Anfield favourite Michael Owen will not be available to line up against his former club after failing to overcome a hamstring strain.
Another former Merseyside connection, midfielder Charlie Adam, could also be in doubt after the death of his father last week saw him miss the 0-0 draw against Tottenham on Saturday.
Oussama Assaidi (knee) is the only recent injury concern for Brendan Rodgers and is a doubt after missing the 4-0 win over Fulham. Otherwise, Fabio Borini (broken foot) and Martin Kelly (knee) remain out after long injury lay-offs.
Rogers is expected to continue to rotate after leaving both Raheem Sterling and Joe Allen on the bench for Saturday`s game.
Stewart Downing will likely retain his place on the left wing after grabbing his first goal and assist for the club since joining 18 months ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves