Stoke City - Liverpool Preview: Potters looking to maintain unbeaten home run
London: Tony Pulis` side clinched their 10th draw of the league season away against Tottenham, while Brendan Rodgers` team smashed Fulham 4-0 at Anfield going into this encounter.
Stoke manager Tony Pulis will be without Rory Delap (hernia) and Marc Wilson (broken leg), while former Anfield favourite Michael Owen will not be available to line up against his former club after failing to overcome a hamstring strain.
Another former Merseyside connection, midfielder Charlie Adam, could also be in doubt after the death of his father last week saw him miss the 0-0 draw against Tottenham on Saturday.
Oussama Assaidi (knee) is the only recent injury concern for Brendan Rodgers and is a doubt after missing the 4-0 win over Fulham. Otherwise, Fabio Borini (broken foot) and Martin Kelly (knee) remain out after long injury lay-offs.
Rogers is expected to continue to rotate after leaving both Raheem Sterling and Joe Allen on the bench for Saturday`s game.
Stewart Downing will likely retain his place on the left wing after grabbing his first goal and assist for the club since joining 18 months ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM