Stoke City made me feel wanted after Tottenham woes: Crouch
London: England footballer Peter Crouch insists that it feels nice to be wanted again in Premier League after being shown the door by Tottenham Hotspur.
Crouch’s comment comes after Stoke City signed him for a fee of 10 million pounds (which could rise to 12 million pounds dependent on the fulfillment of various clauses) on a four-year contract.
“I know that Stoke have been interested for a while, and the manager wants me to play and was extremely keen on signing me. There were options, and nice and flattering that you hear your wanted,” Crouch told a leading daily.
“I know the manager here made it important for him to sign me and he was a big plus for me to come here in the end,” he added.
Crouch had earlier revealed that his England teammate Jonathan Woodgate was a major influence upon his decision to join Stoke.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief