Stoke City win crucial for Man U`s PL title chances: Evra
London: Manchester United player Patrice Evra has said that beating Stoke City on Sunday is crucial for his club after Manchester City`s derby victory at Old Trafford.
Despite their 12-point lead over Roberto Mancini`s team at the top of the table, United still require 10 points from their remaining seven games to confirm the title and face a testing fixture list before the end of the campaign.
Admitting that it has become necessary to remove any doubts over United`s title prospects by claiming all three points this weekend, Evra said that it is necessary for his team to win against Stoke City, adding that since his arrival in United, the club has never lost two league games in a row.
Evra further said that his side must make sure that they win at Stoke to show that they are the best team in England, although he said that it is tough for the club to uphold the position of being the front-runner in the title race.
According to Evra, they are still 12 points clear in the race, which indicates that the Premier League is not an impossible dream for them yet, adding that his side deserved to be top dogs because they worked hard to get to that level.
However, Evra expressed his disappointment at losing to City as they missed the chance to end the title race and lost the derby, adding that for a United player, losing any game to City is painful.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore