Stoke City win crucial for Man U`s PL title chances: Evra
London: Manchester United player Patrice Evra has said that beating Stoke City on Sunday is crucial for his club after Manchester City`s derby victory at Old Trafford.
Despite their 12-point lead over Roberto Mancini`s team at the top of the table, United still require 10 points from their remaining seven games to confirm the title and face a testing fixture list before the end of the campaign.
Admitting that it has become necessary to remove any doubts over United`s title prospects by claiming all three points this weekend, Evra said that it is necessary for his team to win against Stoke City, adding that since his arrival in United, the club has never lost two league games in a row.
Evra further said that his side must make sure that they win at Stoke to show that they are the best team in England, although he said that it is tough for the club to uphold the position of being the front-runner in the title race.
According to Evra, they are still 12 points clear in the race, which indicates that the Premier League is not an impossible dream for them yet, adding that his side deserved to be top dogs because they worked hard to get to that level.
However, Evra expressed his disappointment at losing to City as they missed the chance to end the title race and lost the derby, adding that for a United player, losing any game to City is painful.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read